4.4 Add Scalar Measurements to Output
This section of the tutorial describes how to
add measurements to curves in the waveform viewer.
This topic addresses the following key concepts:
- SIMetrix/SIMPLIS has a powerful set of built-in measurements which can be applied to
- The Measure menu in the waveform viewer gives you access to the curve
What You Will Learn
In this topic, you will learn the following:
- How to add measurements to a curve.
- How to access all of the measurements and functions available in the waveform
4.4.1 Add Measurements to the
To add a measurement to the graph, follow
- From the schematic editor, click F9 to run a simulation.
- In the upper left corner just below the waveform viewer tool bar, check SW
- From the waveform viewer menu, select Measure > Minimum.
Result: The minimum value of the SW voltage
waveform now appears on the graph legend under where you checked SW.
Note: To see the complete label, you may have to adjust the splitter bar
between the label and the tabs for the graphs.
4.4.2 View All Available
To see a full list of available
measurements, do one of the following:
For more information on the Define
Measurement dialog, see Chapter 9 of the SIMetrix User Manual.